I’ve seen this recipe without the BBQ part, but it didn’t sound too appetizing to me. I like BBQ sauce on any kind of ribs, what can I say? So get your slow cooker, which is the only way to cook country style ribs (they can be tough in places), set it and forget it!
- 2 to 3 lbs. of country style ribs (no bones)
- 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 2-3 Red Delicious apples, or your favorite red crisp apples, chopped
- 8 oz. of sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup of cooking wine (or none, to taste)
- Your favorite meat seasoning (I use Adobo Goya)
Sprinkle the ribs with your favorite meat seasoning and put them in the slow cooker/Crock Pot. Cover them with BBQ sauce. Put the wine in the bottle of sauce and shake vigorously to “clean” out the bottle; pour over the ribs. Spread the apples and sauerkraut over the ribs. Set on low for 6-8 hours. That’s it!
I love easy, set-it-and-forget-it recipes! I don’t recommend adding any more liquid than listed above. Even one whole cup of the wine might be too much unless you’re planning to do something with the liquid, like put it over plain rice.